Frequency is the premier Creative Management Platform (CMP) for Audio, automating the creative process and delivery of audio ads across digital audio and podcasts. Using audio-specific workflows and creative tools, Frequency makes it easy for advertisers to develop and deliver their ad creative dynamically to the right audience at the right time, and most importantly, with the right, personalized message. By managing the entire lifecycle of an audio ad, Frequency gives advertisers control over their ad performance and the intelligence to make smarter ad creative and media purchasing decisions. Advertisers can use Frequency’s single ad tag solution to track performance across all audio channels and update ad messaging in real-time. Using Frequency, advertisers can optimize creative and guarantee improvement in audio ad performance, reducing creative fatigue and resonating more with their listening audience.
You can hear the Frequency story from Pete Jimison, Founder and CEO. In this Cogent Conversation, Pete will take you from his path to starting Frequency to when you should consider using Frequency. If you want to jump straight to a topic, feel free, using the chapters below:
- 00:00 – Intro
- 00:41 – Pete Jimison – His path to Frequency
- 02:30 – How the audio landscape has changed
- 05:00 – Rapid Consolidation in the Audio Space
- 13:38 – The Growth of Audio: Terrestrial, Streaming, and Podcasts
- 16:00 – Audio Creative and Personalization
- 22:35 – Measurement Evolved
- 25:52 – How to start advertising with audio
- 42:26 – When to consider Frequency
- 49:07 – Close
Benefits of Frequency:
- Audio Creative Workflow Management making for an easy entrance and/or expansion into audio channels
- Audio Production to assist with script writing, talent, and/or recordings of all necessary variants for performance
- Ad Ops Workflow Tools that make scaling audio efforts easy and seamless
- DCO for Radio, Streaming Audio, and Podcasts for personalization on a variety of data signals
- Host Read Ads Creative Workflow to allow for easy communication with podcast hosts so you can scale more easily
- Proprietary Metrics allowing for results-based optimization from one location
Why Cogent likes Frequency
The audio advertising sector is poised to explode in 2020 and 2021. Ad spending (pre-COVID) is projected to exceed $1B in 2021 and some leaders in the space think that number is conservative. COVID has shifted behavior and consumption but listenership is still rising. More than 211 MM U.S. consumers are expected to listen to streaming audio in 2021 while more than 81 MM will listen to podcasts. If advertisers want to reach their audiences effectively and efficiently, they will need a platform to help them target, deliver, and optimize. For many, venturing into this medium will mean they need help with script writing and recording.
Frequency is positioned to help brands and agencies create, deliver, and optimize audio creative and campaigns. The podcast landscape is huge and highly fragmented. How does an advertiser know where to find their audience and get a host to read their message? Frequency is also the matchmaker that will take the stress away from brands looking to deliver. Frequency is an end-to-end solution for those brands looking to scale this medium. The right creative to the right person, at the right time, against the right content is now possible with Frequency across the audio landscape.
Meet the CEO: Pete Jimison
Pete Jimison founded Frequency in 2017 to automate ad creative production and the delivery process across the streaming audio and podcast universe. Prior to launching Frequency, Pete spent 5 years as CEO of F-Sharp, an audio creative agency helping brands connect with consumers across the audio landscape. Under his leadership, F Sharp handled the majority of Spotify’s ad production work from 2012 – 2017, serving as the creative backbone for Spotify’s Global Ad Sales team. In addition to his agency experience, Pete spent time in retail with brands like Reef and Vans (VF Corp) as a Business Analyst. Pete currently serves as an advisor to a number of startup companies in the digital audio space. In his spare time, Pete enjoys the outdoors and spending time with his family, especially playing deejay to his fun-loving dancing 9-month old daughter.
- 11 Years Experience in the audio space
- Former CEO of audio creative agencies
- Worked closely with Spotify during their ascent
- 5 Years Retail Experience prior to entering the audio space